Flagship Biosciences, Inc. is the world leader in image analysis pathology services. With advanced techniques centered around automated analysis of whole-slide microscope imagery processed on a cutting-edge, high-performance computing platform, Flagship analysts, scientists, and pathologists work with terabyte-scale image data to provide critical biological insight. Flagship develops its analytic and infrastructural technology in-house, providing truly unique capabilities not available anywhere else in the market.
Our Information Technology Infrastructure and Team
Our Information Technology infrastructure and the Team behind it, provides a critical foundational layer that Flagship depends upon to enable these advanced image analysis pathology services. The IT Team also supports all the other IT resources that empower the day to day business functionality. While our core IT infrastructure has served us very well, it is currently being re-architected to enable it to scale more effectively and continue to keep pace with Flagship’s tremendous growth.
Our small, yet efficient IT Team, manages and operates a heterogeneous IT infrastructure that includes a High Performance Computing cluster, Enterprise-class servers running Linux and Windows Server, NAS and SAN systems, server virtualization systems, backup systems, and the network that binds it all together. We also manage and maintain all end-user systems that include desktops and laptops running Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, as well as all other business support technologies such as VoIP.
What we need
Our IT Team has an exciting full time opportunity for a highly capable Systems Administrator who has the innate ability to learn quickly, adapt to, and support all facets of IT in Flagship’s highly dynamic environment. Since our IT infrastructure is being re-architected, we need someone who can maintain the current IT architecture as well as help transition all functionality, data, and services to the new architecture with little to no disruption towards Flagship’s customers or staff.
Our ideal candidate for this position is someone who is very professional, has stellar customer service qualities and excellent problem solving skills. We will especially value someone who will maintain a positive attitude when facing any challenge and has the aptitude and drive to continuously learn new things.
In this role you will:
- Deploy/maintain server systems running Linux and Windows Server and the services/functions they provide
- Perform day to day operations of storage, network, and server virtualization infrastructure
- Provide complete lifecycle support for end-user systems running Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Android
- Perform operating system and other software installations/upgrades for all server and end-user systems
- Carry out ongoing tasks for system security management, vulnerability assessment and mitigation
- Routinely perform system, data, and database backup and recovery tasks
- Configure, patch, maintain, and monitor all systems to ensure a reliable and secure network environment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve, and document hardware/software problems
- Respond to technical support requests, questions, and issues from clients and employees in a timely manner
- Create, update, maintain, and conduct periodic review of system asset, process and compliance documentation
- User/group account and policy management in directory services and cloud-based services
- Install, relocate, and maintain office equipment, including VoIP phones, scanners, and printers
- Provide end-user training for all applicable hardware, software, and office equipment
- Train team members on IT processes across all departments and organizational levels
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field and
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in IT (Bachelor’s degree can substitute for 1 year experience)
- Solid computer skills and ability to learn new software applications/systems quickly
- Scripting ability in one or more of: Bash, Perl, Python, or similar
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Professional certification in one or more areas such as: Red Hat, Microsoft, CompTIA, SANS, ITIL
- 3-4 years’ experience in Information Technology